SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023, Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the Syllabus for CHSL Post. Interested candidates can check exam pattern download syllabus pdf at ssc.nic.in. Meanwhile, Know the SSC CHSL syllabus exam pattern, selection process below. In order to start preparation, candidates have to know the SSC CHSL exam pattern and syllabus and the exam date 2023.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 – exam Pattern, @ ssc.nic.in
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Organization page||SSC Recruitment 2023|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023
Candidates who are applied for SSC CHSL, have to know the exam pattern and marking scheme as well syllabus. For most exam notifications like CHSL syllabus, Staff Selection Commission Release syllabus with advertisement notification. But most of the readers prefer web based syllabus for SSC CHSL syllabus and pdf for detailed topics. For that reCHSLn sarkari result provides SSC upcoming syllabus topic wise as well as pdf format. Kindly follow the below steps to download the syllabus and view the topics SSC CHSL syllabus.
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper Mode (Letter/Application Writing, Essay Writing)|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable (Speed Typing Test)|
SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam Pattern
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes (80 Minutes for PWD candidates)|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 1
1. Reasoning Ability
2. Quantitative Aptitude
3. English Language
4. General Awareness
SSC CHSL Tier-II Syllabus
|SSC CHSL Tier-II Syllabus|
|Topics||Word Count||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Essay Writing||200-250||100||60 minutes|
|Letter/Application Writing||150-200||60 minutes|
|SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 Tier III|
|Data Entry Operator||Data Entry Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer. The ‘speed will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage||The duration of the test will be for 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the test computer|
|Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG)||The ‘speed of 15000 key depressions per hour will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage||The duration of the test will be for 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the test computer|
|Lower Division Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (LDS/JSA) and Postal Assistants/ Sorting Assistants (PA/SA)||The speed of 10500 key depressions per hour will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage||The duration of the test will be for 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 9000 key-depressions/hour would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the test computer.|
How to do download SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023?
- Visit the official website of SSC CHSL link below, navigate to syllabus section download SSC CHSL Syllabus,
- Finally, view The SSC CHSL syllabus and verify the details.
- You can also view /download the SSC CHSL syllabus from our website too.
Disclaimer: This only for Indicative purpose only, for official SSC CHSL Syllabus downloads PDF from official website.
SSC CHSL syllabus topics
Just like every government competitive examinations SSC CHSL syllabus also contains, General knowledge, arithmetic ability, general awareness and English. The SSC jobs exam duration, negative marks, questions wise weightage available in the pdf format. Also check the SSC upcoming syllabus exam pattern above.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2023 Important links
|Notification||SSC CHSL Recruitment 2023|
|Admit card||SSC CHSL Admit card 2023|
|Parent||# SSC syllabus|
|Location type||government jobs 2023|
|Also follow||central government jobs 2023|
|Download Syllabus PDF||#here|
SSC CHSL Syllabus for Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):
Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words,
Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
SSC CHSL Syllabus General Intelligence:
It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
Quantitative Aptitude SSC CHSL Syllabus:
- Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts: Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base.
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin2𝜃 + Cos2𝜃=1 etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
SSC CHSL Syllabus General Awareness:
Questions are designed to test the candidate‟s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include
questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
- For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General Intelligence and Quantitative.
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper) SSC CHSL Syllabus
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in „Pen and Paper‟ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper would be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribes as per Paras 8.1 and 8.2 above). The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
- Candidate must write his/ her correct Roll Number and affix signature and Left-hand Thumb Impression in the relevant columns in the Question Paper-cum-Answer Book failing which zero marks will be awarded.
- Candidates are strictly advised not to write any personal identity e.g. name, Roll Number, Mobile Number, Address, etc inside the Answer Book. The candidates who fail to adhere to these instructions will be awarded zero marks.
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test): SSC CHSL Syllabus
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted as per the following scheme:
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
- Skill Test is mandatory for Data Entry Operators. No candidate is exempted from appearing in the Skill Test.
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. The „Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on computer‟ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- For the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The ‘speed of 15000 key depressions per hour on Computer‟ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/ key depressions as per the given passage. The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes and printed matter in English containing about 3700-4000 key-depressions would be given to each candidate who would enter the same in the Computer.
- Candidates eligible for scribe as per paras 8.1 and 8.2 will be given compensatory time of 5 minutes. Therefore duration of Skill Test for such candidates will be 20 minutes.
Typing Test for LDC/ JSA and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant: SSC CHSL Syllabus
- The medium of Typing Test will be Hindi and English. The candidates will have to opt for the medium of Typing Test (i.e. either Hindi or English) in the online Application Form.
- The choice of Typing Test given by the candidate in the online Application Form shall be treated as final and no change in the medium of Typing Test will be entertained later.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute (w.p.m.) and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute (w.p.m.). 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to about 10500 key depressions per hour and about 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Candidates eligible for scribe as per paras 8.1 and 8.2 will be given compensatory time of 5 minutes. Therefore duration of Typing Test for such candidates will be 15 minutes.
FAQs on SSC CHSL Syllabus
How do I know syllabus & exam pattern of SSC CHSL exam?
You can view in our syllabus section or download the SSC CHSL Notification from below and view the selection criteria. Note download for latest 2023 vacancy CHSL. Mostly, every government competitive exam, including Staff Selection Commission CHSL recruitment contains general aptitude & general awareness test. Detailed syllabus topics available within pdf 2023 notification, or follow our SSC CHSL syllabus page for indicative syllabus & exam pattern.
What’s the selection Process for SSC CHSL exam?
It’s officially mentioned in the SSC recruitment 2023 notification that selection process of CHSL exam shortlist based on written exam. Some posts in same Staff Selection Commission Recruitment Advertisement or notification require physical, oral tests along with medical tests. Candidates are advised to go through the SSC CHSL pdf notification 2023 carefully after getting preliminary info here.